Instagram Memories allows you to look back on your old posts and stories from previous years. It can be a fun way to take a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to find and view your Instagram Memories.
Accessing Your Instagram Memories
To access your Memories feed, simply open the Instagram app and tap on the heart icon in the top right corner. This will take you to your Activity Feed.
At the top of the Activity Feed, you will see a tab labeled Memories. Tap on this tab to enter your Memories feed.
The Memories tab shows you posts and stories from past years on the same day. For example, if today is March 15, it will show you content from previous March 15ths.
Your Memories feed only includes content you’ve shared to your Instagram feed and stories. Comments and likes are not shown. Your archived stories also won’t appear unless you’ve added them to your highlights.
Viewing Memories from a Specific Year
By default, your Memories feed displays a mix of posts and stories from different years. But you can also view content from a specific year:
- At the top of your Memories feed, tap on the downward arrow next to the word Memories.
- This will open a dropdown menu where you can select a specific year to view memories from only that year.
- Tap on the year you want, and your feed will refresh with memories from just that year.
Viewing memories by year allows you to take a deeper trip down memory lane and reminisce about a certain time period in your life.
Viewing Memories from Particular Days
In addition to viewing memories by year, you can also view memories from specific days:
- Tap on any memory in your feed to open it.
- In the upper left corner, you’ll see the date the memory is from.
- Tap on the date.
- This will take you to a screen showing all your memories from that particular day only.
Viewing memories by date lets you reminisce about special events or moments that happened on a particular calendar day over the years. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and more.
Saving and Sharing Your Memories
As you’re viewing your Memories feed, you may come across some blasts from the past you want to keep or share:
- Tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of any memory post.
- Select “Share” to send the memory to someone in a message or your story.
- Select “Save” to save the memory to your camera roll or create a new story highlight with it.
Saving special memories lets you preserve nostalgic moments before they disappear from your Memories feed. Sharing them lets you take others down memory lane with you!
Managing Your Memories Content
If you prefer certain memories don’t resurface in your Memories feed, you have some options:
- Go to your profile page and tap the three-line menu.
- Select “Archive” to archive old posts you don’t want showing up as memories. Archived posts won’t appear in your feed or Memories.
- Alternatively, you can delete old posts and stories if you want them gone permanently. Deleted content won’t show up either.
Cleaning up your past posts allows you to curate your Memories experience. Hide posts you’d rather not reminisce on.
Why You Might See “No Memories Yet”
If you tap into Memories and see a message saying “No Memories Yet,” there are a few possible reasons:
- Your account is too new – Memories relies on looking back at older posts, so if your account is very recently made, you won’t have enough history for Memories yet.
- You don’t post consistently – If you only post sporadically, you may not have enough posts on a given date for Memories to generate.
- Your content is archived or deleted – As mentioned above, if you’ve archived or deleted a lot of old content, fewer memories will be available to show.
Give your account time to age and make an effort to post more consistently. Over time, you’ll start seeing more memories show up!
Troubleshooting Missing Memories
Don’t see a memory in your feed you know you’ve posted in the past? There are a few possible reasons memories could be missing:
- The post or story is more than 10 years old. Memories only spans the past 10 years.
- The memory has copyrighted music. Due to licensing restrictions, these memories won’t appear.
- The post or story is archived or has comments turned off. Memories relies on public content.
- There’s an app bug. As with all apps, occasional tech glitches happen.
Double check your memories aren’t too old, muted, or archived. You can also try force quitting and reopening Instagram to refresh your Memories feed.
Enjoy Your Instagram Memories!
Digging into your Instagram Memories can bring you on a pleasant nostalgia trip down memory lane. You get to rediscover moments and experiences you may have forgotten.
Hopefully this guide provides helpful tips on accessing, viewing, saving, and troubleshooting your Instagram Memories. Follow the steps outlined above to easily navigate your Memories feed and reminisce on special moments from years past.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Tap the heart icon to access Memories from your Instagram Activity Feed
- View memories by year or by date for deeper nostalgia trips
- Save favorite memories to your camera roll or highlights
- Manage memories by archiving or deleting old posts
- Post consistently so you have enough memories over time
So go take a stroll down memory lane! Let us know if you have any other questions on reminiscing with Instagram Memories.
FAQ About Instagram Memories
Here are some frequently asked questions about viewing memories on Instagram:
How far back do Instagram Memories go?
Instagram Memories span your account history up to 10 years back. Any memories older than 10 years will not be shown.
Can you delete memories on Instagram?
Yes, you can manage the memories that appear in your feed. Archiving or deleting old posts prevents them from popping up as memories later.
Why aren’t all my old posts showing up as memories?
Your feed only includes public posts and stories. Comments, likes, archived/muted posts, and deleted content won’t appear as memories.
Who can see my Instagram memories?
Only you can see your own memories feed. Other people cannot view your memories unless you share an individual memory post with them.
Do Instagram memories take up storage space?
No, memories do not take up extra storage space. They simply show you existing posts from your account history.
- How to Get Instagram on School Chromebook 2023?
- Do Message Requests on Instagram Expire?
- How To Archive Reels on Instagram 2023
Instagram Memories provide a fun way to look back on your personal highlights and nostalgic moments from over the years. Following this guide will help you easily access, view, save, and share your Memories feed. Curate your feed by managing old posts you’d rather not reminisce on. The more consistent memories you build up over time, the deeper you can wander down memory lane!